Patients needed to help improve Dermatology, Neurology, and Diagnostics...
Could you give your time and expertise as patient or former patient with knowledge of dermatology, neurology or diagnostic services, to help improve these services for the future? (Time commitment will be approximately two hours per fortnight in meetings; as well as time in-between to review service proposals and project documentation).
The Planned Care Programme is seeking three Expert Patient volunteers, (i.e. patients with personal experience of one or more condition in the Planned Care projects), to support:
• Targeting particular patient populations.
• Developing support packages which enable self-care.
• Ensuring there is an appropriate range of supportive information, advocacy and group support services for patients, including continuity of care.
• Developing shared care models for the management of chronic disease.
• Improving access to specialist expertise in the community.
• Ensuring appropriate Direct access to diagnostics for GPs.
• Reviewing new technologies which would enable remote monitoring of people with certain long-term conditions, (e.g. blood pressure monitoring; remote tests for potential UTI infection).
• Designing and offering appropriate training and support to clinicians (NB. Incld. all skill-mixes).
• Addressing any gaps in services and ensuring no duplication of existing work.
If you are interested in looking at Health services differently and planning heath care for the future, please could you send an email to Ben Homer email@example.com including your contact details, (i.e. email address and mobile or home telephone number), as well as your patient experience where possible and a brief summary of why you would like to be involved.
The deadline for putting forward your interest is Friday 14th July. Any questions contact Ben Homer at the CCG (email address above).